Invoice File Fields
LINKS TO OTHER FILES: The Add and Edit options will allow you to access (using the Find buttons or the F4 key in fields that allow it) maintenance for the following:
- Customer code (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Customer groups (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Sales reps (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Payment terms
QUOTE AND ORDER DATA
In the Add options for invoices, there are two buttons that allow a quote or order to be automatically invoiced. When pressed, the search window is displayed with all pending (undelivered) quotes or orders.
When selecting a quote , the program automatically transfers all the data to the invoice being added and asks you if the quote should be marked as delivered when saving the packing slip.
When selecting an order , the program automatically transfers the units pending delivery (ordered units - delivered units) to the invoice being added. When saving the packing slip, the program automatically accumulates the units included in the invoice in the Delivered Units field of the order detail. If all products are delivered (ordered units = delivered units), the order is automatically marked as delivered.
The relationship between the units delivered for an order and the units delivered on a packing slip is maintained in deletions and changes: if you delete an invoice from an order, the delivered units of the order are subtracted and if you change it, then the previous delivered units are subtracted and the new ones are accumulated.
Invoice series and number. The value of this field is unique to the whole file. In the Add option, it will not be possible to add a record with a series and number that already exists. Invoicing series are created in each company under company maintenance. It can have automatic numbering. Refer to Numbering.
Invoice date: The default date is the date when the quote was added. Press F4 or double-click to display the calendar.
Customer code: By default, the program uses the following customer data: customer group, area (zip code), sales rep, rate to apply, if any, if there is a tax 2, if it is tax-free or there is any withholding, % product discount or % prompt payment discount and the customer reference. All these data can be changed for each invoice.
Warehouse: If the company has inventory control enabled, then the user is asked about the warehouse where the products enter. This may be any warehouse existing in the company's warehouse file. The default value is warehouse=0, which corresponds to the main warehouse.
The automatic description function is available for the three general description fields. Enter the three-digit code (e.g., 001) in the first three positions. The description will be automatically displayed as it appears in the file containing the automatic descriptions.
Tax included. If your company works with tax included, set up the rates that have tax included (see rates and consolidation). You can use rates with tax included for final customers and the virtual shop, and normal rates without tax for distributors, etc.
In quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices, when a rate is applied with tax included, the tax base is calculated according to the total, using the formula Base = Total / 1.xx, where xx is the tax class expressed as a percentage.
In these cases, the invoice or sales slip design should include a "Tax Included" string; normally the tax base is not printed in such cases.
By default, the Tax Free and Tax 2 fields are taken from those indicated for the customer, but this can be changed on each packing slip .
Invoicing by packing slip. If checked, then a table is displayed with all the customer's pending (uninvoiced) packing slips for the date before the invoice date. You can select them one by one, select all of them, or remove the packing slips already selected. The program will automatically perform the calculation according to the packing slips and when saving, will put the invoice number in each packing slip.
Discounts: Like orders and invoices, quotes also have three types of discounts:
- Discount per line: This is applied to each product, service or detail line. Any discount % or amount can be entered and may be different for each line. The program calculates this according to the discount base and subtracts it, putting the result in the amount field with the discount already calculated. This percentage is used as the product default.
- General discount: This is applied to all products with the General Discount field = Y, with the amount field used as the discount base (this field may include line discounts). The percentage applied is the same for all products and is put in the Product Discount field of the product. This percentage is used as the customer default, but may be changed for each order.
- Discount prompt payment: This is applied to the bases that result after applying the general discount and before calculating the taxes. The percentage applied is the same for the entire order and is placed in the Prompt Payment Discount field of the order. This percentage is used as the customer default, but may be changed for each order.
The customer reference is taken by default from the customer file, but this can be changed on each order.
The address can be selected from any of the customer's addresses.
Print in second currency. This field is shown when the company has defined a second currency; if this box is checked, then the program will recalculate and print the entire invoice in the second currency when printing.
Invoices detail lines.
General options of maintenance.