Quote File Fields
LINKS TO OTHER FILES: The Add and Edit options will allow you to access (using the Find buttons or the F4 key in fields that allow it) maintenance for the following:
- Customer code (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Customer groups (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Sales reps (of the company that owns the customer file)
- Payment terms
Quote number. The value of this field is unique to the whole file. A record with an existing code cannot be added in the Add option. These codes can be numbered automatically. Refer to Numbering.
Quote date: The default date is the date when the quote was added. Press F4 to display the calendar.
Delivered: Check this field to indicate that the quote has already been delivered (has been transferred to orders, invoiced or already listed on a packing slip).
Customer code: By default, the program uses the following customer data: customer group, area (zip code), sales rep, rate to apply, if any, if there is a tax 2, if it is tax-free or there is any withholding, % product discount or % prompt payment discount and the customer reference. All these data can be changed for each invoice.
The automatic description function is available for the three general description fields. Enter the three-digit code (e.g., 001) in the first three positions. The description will be automatically displayed as it appears in the file containing the automatic descriptions.
Tax included. If your company works with tax included, set up the rates that have tax included (see rates and consolidation). You can use rates with tax included for final customers and the virtual shop, and normal rates without tax for distributors, etc.
In quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices, when a rate is applied with tax included, the tax base is calculated according to the total, using the formula Base = Total / 1.xx, where xx is the tax class expressed as a percentage.
In these cases, the invoice or sales slip design should include a "Tax Included" string; normally the tax base is not printed in such cases.
By default, the Tax Free and Tax 2 fields are taken from those indicated for the customer, but this can be changed on each packing slip .
Discounts: Like orders and invoices, quotes also have three types of discounts:
- Discount per line: This is applied to each product, service or detail line. Any discount % or amount can be entered and may be different for each line. The program calculates this according to the discount base and subtracts it, putting the result in the amount field with the discount already calculated. This percentage is used as the product default.
- General discount: This is applied to all products with the General Discount field = Y, with the amount field used as the discount base (this field may include line discounts). The percentage applied is the same for all products and is put in the Product Discount field of the product. This percentage is used as the customer default, but may be changed for each order.
- Discount prompt payment: This is applied to the bases that result after applying the general discount and before calculating the taxes. The percentage applied is the same for the entire order and is placed in the Prompt Payment Discount field of the order. This percentage is used as the customer default, but may be changed for each order.
The customer reference is taken by default from the customer file, but this can be changed on each order.
The address can be selected from any of the customer's addresses.
Quote detail lines.
General options of maintenance.