- How to move the program to another computer or retrieve copies
- How to update the program
- How to enable warehouse and inventory control
- How to create a user-defined list
- Printing tickets
How to move the program to another computer or retrieve copies
- To move the program to a new computer, follow the instructions from step 1.
- To retrieve a backup copy for a computer that already had QINVOICING, but has been reformatted or had a new hard drive installed, start from step 3.
- To retrieve a backup copy for a computer that already had QINVOICING and has not been reformatted, start from step 4.
1. Make a backup copy from the program: Main Menu --> Utilities --> Backup Copies --> Copy Program and Data Option (recommended) --> Make Copy. This creates a file called copQINVOICING.exe in a folder called QFACCOP on the hard drive (c:\), unless another name is given.
2. Copy the copy file onto a CD. If the copy is made on diskettes, make several copies because defective diskettes are common and could give problems later on.
3. Install the BDE (Borland Database Engine) program on the new computer. This program is included in the QINVOICING installation, but is not in the backup copies. You can find the BDE installation program in the Download section of our website or by clicking the following link: http://www.qinvoicing.com/bde.php.
4. Create a work folder and copy the backup copy file (copQINVOICING.exe) into this folder.
5. Unzip the copy file by double-clicking on top. This creates a folder along with the copy file, which contains the entire program as it was when the copy was made.
6. Copy this folder and paste it directly into c:\.
7. Delete the work folder and all its contents.
8. The first time the program is run after the copy is unzipped, the data will be automatically optimized and at the end, a window will appear reporting that the optimization process has completed successfully. The program is then closed.
How to update the program
- Check for any recent QINVOICING updates: Main Menu --> Utilities --> Program Updates. If the program finds a later version than the one installed, it will notify you and ask if you want to download the new version.
- Save or run ACTUVER.EXE (auto-unzip file that updates QINVOICING to the last version and keeps all existing data). When you run ACTUVER.EXE, press the Start button to unzip the files it contains and install the changes.
- The program will ask you to indicate the directory or folder where QINVOICING is installed. Select the folder and press Install.
- The program then checks that there is enough space on the hard drive to make a backup copy of the program. Unless you have already done this, press YES to make the copy before updating.
- Once the copy is made, the data and program are updated to the new version.
- The files will be reindexed the first time you re-enter the program. The program is then closed.
How to enable warehouse and inventory control
In order for the Warehouse options to be enabled and automatic inventory control to be kept, the Inventory Control box must be checked for the company (Main Menu --> Company --> Maintenance --> Add or Edit --> Company Data tab). Each company has only one warehouse.
The program allows you to control several warehouses within each company. To work with different stores, should add the file of warehouses.
. The inventory calculation is automatic and works as follows:
- Operations are entered manually in Warehouse Operations: initial inventory, credits, losses, etc. Positive units are added to inventory and negative units are subtracted from inventory. Product packs (if any) are not taken into account when entering warehouse operations.
- Products entered in costs and purchases or from supplier packing slips are automatically added to the inventory of the respective warehouse.
- Products sold and entered on customer packing slips and invoices are automatically subtracted from the inventory of the respective warehouse.
In the record for a product, you can decide to keep inventory of the products by checking or unchecking the Inventory Control field. For example, no inventory control will be kept for the product "technical service hours". You can also decide how the units are added or subtracted by using product packs.
The Recalculate Inventory (Main Menu --> Utilities --> Recalculate Inventory) option recalculates the company inventory and all its warehouses, taking into account the following: warehouse operations, purchase packing slips and invoices, sales packing slips and invoices. Run this option if you make changes that affect inventory control (if you change the control type of products or enable control for a company that already has purchase or sales operations, or whenever the program terminates abnormally).
You can view the inventory in the record for each product, on the inventory lists or on the user-defined lists, which you can customize and send to MS Word or MS Excel.
How to create a user-defined list
To set up a customized list, go to: Main Menu --> Lists --> User-defined Lists, and follow the steps below:
1- Press the New button to create a list.
2- Select the file that contains the data you want to list (double-click on the field or press the Select button) and click the Next button.
3- Select the companies for which you want to get data for the list. If you do not choose any, the list will be created with the data for the one you have open. Click the Next button.
4- Select the data you want to show on the list (invoice number, supplier, amount, invoice date, payment date, etc... whatever you need). The right screen shows the order of the selected fields, as they will be seen on the list (column order). To move them, you will have to change the number in the Position column. Once the fields and order are set up, click the Next button.
5- The filter for the list data must be created on this screen. For example, you might want to filter by date, double-clicking on the field or pressing the Filter button. This opens a window where you will have to enter the dates for which you want the list (if you want only one day, enter the same date in both boxes). You can select the maximum and minimum values for the list by using the Find buttons.
6- On the next screen, indicate the sort order: alphabetically by supplier or customer, by amount from highest to lowest (or vice versa), by date, etc.
7- On the following screen, you can set up the list by combining or totaling the records. If you do not enter anything here, the list will come out all at once.
8- On the last screen, enter a name for the list and select the output format. Output into .doc format is extremely useful, as it allows the list template to be set up with MS Word. This offers you a lot of possibilities and means you can save it so that, whenever the list is run, it is opened with MS Word using the template created and the list data filtered by the date you want.
Once the list is created and saved, you can run it whenever you want, without having to set it up again. When you press the Run button, the list filter screen is opened. You will only have to enter the maximum and minimum values for the filter and press the Generate button.
To print tickets at QFACWIN, do the following:
1. Create a format tickets or use one of the existing ones. The formats are tickets formats invoices whose configuration paper indicates that this is a ticket and the size it has. To create a format tickets go to Settings -> Design Invoicing-> New Format.
- On the menu role should mark the field and set the ticket width and margins of the ticket.
- The media will vary depending on your printer tickets. First, select Custom Paper, set the width in millimeters, save the configuration and make a test. If the print does not come out correctly select the paper type default (printer)
2. Go to Settings-> Preferences -> Settings tab. In Functions POS select the printer tickets. Click to Accept to save the configuration.
3. If you want to lead an independent numbering of the tickets, create a series of invoices for ticket (for example the T-) in Company-> Maintenance -> Modify tab in the preferences put in the field New series: T - and press the button to create series.
4. Create a customer for sales counted. The Invoicing tab Format assign in the field of Invoicing Format of tickets you want to use. If using a series for tickets, check lel field use series and select the T-series. Save the customer.
When an invoice counted using this client, the program detects that the printing is carried out with a format of the ticket and automatically select the printer before printing tickets.