This option allows you to change the general settings and operation of the QINVOICING management program.
- Ask for password when entering the program.
- Maintain as initial company (the one that opens by default when entering the program) the company that was open when the program was last closed.
- Network installation Check this field if the invoicing program is installed on a network. If this is checked, whenever you run QINVOICING, the program will check that the database engine (BDE) settings are correct for sharing the files in a network.
- Name of main tax (VAT, etc.)
- Name of additional tax (Tax 2, etc.)
- Default tax class for sales . This is used as the default when adding detail lines in quotes, orders, packing slips or invoices without indicating the product.
- Default tax class costs. This is applied by default when adding detail lines in supplier orders, supplier packing slips, cost and purchase invoices.
- Name of personal tax withholding in effect
- Withholding rate (%) in effect.
- Rounding type for calculations with decimal places.
- Increase from 0.6: Example: rounding 12.5 would give 12, rounding 12.6 would give 13.
- Increase from 0.5: Example: rounding 12.4 would give 12, rounding 12.5 would give 13.
- Industry customization: This allows you to adapt the program using specific functions for one industry that are not necessary in others. Available industries:
- Construction companies: This adds the fields for % guaranty withholding and amount of guaranty withholding to invoices.
- Shipping companies: This allows you to monitor the services provided by shippers and to calculate the payments. It includes:
- Type of shipping cost in shipper maintenance
- Selection of shipper and cost of each shipment (percentage or amount) on packing slips. By default, this is calculated according to the cost type indicated for the shipper
- Shipper payment
- Invoices collected by default. If this option is checked, when invoices are added to customers, their receipts will be entered as automatically collected on the invoice date. You can disable this option for a specific invoice by unchecking the collected field on the Receipts tab before saving the new invoice.
- Purchases paid by default. If this option is checked, when costs and purchases are added, the due dates will be entered as automatically paid on the invoice date. You can disable this option for a specific purchase by unchecking the paid field before saving the new purchase or cost.
- Print preview of invoices on the screen before you send them to the printer.
- Include non-taxed costs in quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices.
- Add weights. This includes the product weight field and total weight (units x unit weight) on the detail lines of quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices.
- Invoicing by weight. This changes how products are calculated on quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices for customers. When invoicing by weight is enabled, the price rate is taken as the price per unit weight and the amount is calculated from the following formula:
base amount = (units x product weight) x price rate.
For example: 10 boxes of fish weighing 8 kg at a price of €2 are calculated as follows: (10 boxes x 8 kg) x €2 = 160.
- Add batch. This includes a field to enter the batch on the detail lines of quotes, orders, packing slips and invoices to customers and orders, packing slips and invoices from suppliers.
- View product cost. When this option is enabled, a column is shown with the cost of each product on customer packing slips and invoices. This cost is taken by default from the product purchase price.
- Print packing slip detail on the invoices by packing slip.
- Print packing slip title on the invoices by packing slip (Packing Slip No. xxx dated 99/99/99).
- Print packing slip title on the invoices by packing slip (Total Packing Slip (number): 999,9999).
- Initial search of products: This determines if the initial search should be done by code or name when pressing the Find button or the [F4] key, if the code of a product is requested (on invoices, lists, costs and purchases, etc.).
Preferences for invoicing by regular payments:
- Regular payments for products/services. This enables a regular payment for the product or service in invoice detail. The date is automatically calculated if the product or service has this option enabled (due date = invoice date + number of months).
- Unify due date at day 1: This is used to set all regular payments to the first day of every month. In some cases, administrative and bank costs can be saved. It works as follows: the due date is always calculated on the first day of the next month: for example, if the monthly due date of the invoice is 23 Feb 07, then the due date would be changed to 04/01/07 (instead of 03/23/07 which would be the due date. Not unified). Some days are "lost," but all invoicing work, receipt remittances, etc., are done at the beginning of every month and can be forgotten until the next month.
- Enable Ship. Docs for packing slips. Enable this option if you want to print the packing slip for the shipper and the package labels.
When this option is enabled, several fields are enabled on the packing slips (number of packages, weight and shipping costs) and a packing slip or delivery document is printed for the shipper as well as shipping labels, along with the packing slip. The print formats for shipper packing slips and labels are those indicated in the company ( see change companies) and can be designed with the form designer.
- Enable promotions. Enable this option if you are going to use the promotion system.
- Display screen calculation of the change . If we mark this option, after adding an invoice collected, the screen that calculates the change after entry of the amount claimed and lets you send the codes to open the cash register connected to the computer.
- To set the parameters for opening the cash register , where the selected port and put the codes of openness to find in the manual of your mailbox or POS. The codes depend on the brand and model. Try the default (27112,0,60240). Other codes often is: 27112.50, or 72,79,76,65 or 27112,0,10100 or simply 248.
- Using button test to prove that these codes are correct for your cash register.
If you work in RED note that the parameters of POS functions are kept at the machine, so you can turn it on the computer to the shop and have it turned off in the administration, or may have several computers with cash registers and codes opening different.
- Printer tickets:
Select the printer used to print tickets. When you print a delivery note or invoice format with a ticket printer automatically be selected for tickets.
This allows you to set up the skins for the entire QINVOICING management program.
Enter your e-mail data here. These data are used for mass e-mailing.
- Name: This is the name that will be listed as sender (your name).
- E-mail: This is your e-mail address.
- Mail server: This is the name of your mail server (usually the one that appears after @ in your e-mail address.
- User account: This is the account used by the server to identify the user (usually the one shown before @ in your e-mail address).
- Search for critical updates: If this enabled, then the program connects to our website to check if there are critical updates of the program and recommends that you upgrade the program.
This option allows you to adapt the QINVOICING management program terminology to the unique characteristics of each country:
Convert the keyboard decimal point to a decimal comma for easier keyboard input of amounts.
XX/100 form for decimals in amounts written out. When you enable this box, amounts in words will have the decimal places listed as xx/100, which is the form used in some countries. Example: 122.35 would be written as ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO AND 35/100 instead of ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO AND THIRTY-FIVE.
String to add at the end of amounts in words. The string "M.N." (for " moneda nacional ", the term used in Mexico , for example) is added in some countries after the amount in letters. Put the string you want the program to add to the amount in words here. Example: ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO AND 35/100 M.N.
Name of delivery documents (packing slips, shipments, remittances, etc.)
Name of Tax ID document used in your country (EIN, NIF, RUT, CUIT, NIT, RFC, etc.)
Name of customer activity (activity, draft, etc.)
Enable validation of Spanish NIF or Chilean RUT (tax ID numbers)
Enable the Spanish validation of bank accounts (CCC)