osCommerce Virtual Shop Update
This process transfers all products and categories from the QINVOICING management software to the osCommerce virtual shop. In this case, it selects all the products marked to be added to the shop (with the Internet box enabled) and automatically updates the virtual osCommerce shop with these data. Products without the Internet mark will not be tranferred to the osCommerce shop, although they can be used to invoice from the program.
Whenever this process is run, all shop products are deleted and all products selected for the Internet are transferred.
You should run this process whenever you change prices, add products or change data that affect the shop, such as descriptions, etc.
Since the transfer process affects most of the shop files, it is extremely important to have regular backup copies of the shop . To do this, before starting the transfer, the program will ask you if you want to make copies and if so, will switch to the osCommerce backup utility.
The shop update is done in two stages:
1. Upload of data and image files (product photos). The transfer process generates the product and category information to be transferred and uploads it to the shop, along with the image files for the products. This can be set up so that you only upload image files changed since the date of the last update, which allows the transfer to run more quickly.
This process does not delete the existing image files. If you want to clean the shop completely before updating, then you must delete the image files manually using FTP. Any QINVOICING image file names entered directly in the program use the following nomenclature: Product code_001.jpg/gif. If you have done an import of products from an existing shop, then the photo names are kept the same.
2. Addition of data to osCommerce shop . It is important to understand how the data are included to know which data entered in osCommerce are kept and which data are updated with those existing in the invoicing program.
In particular, the following data are uploaded:
- All existing categories are deleted.
- All the categories of the QINVOICING management software with the following data are added: category code, category code of the one to which it belongs (parent), description in language 1, description in second language (if the match is indicated in settings)
- If the category previously existed in osCommerce, then all the data it had (descriptions in other languages, photos and any other data on contributions, etc.) will be recovered.
- All existing products are deleted
- All the products selected in the QINVOICING management software (with Internet field enabled)
are added with the following data: descriptions in language 1, descriptions in second language (if match is indicated in settings), product photo, second photo (if indicated in settings), current inventory, sales price, sale prices from various schedules (if indicated in settings), weight, display order, tax class (by match of settings), date of last modification, sale price (if any), category to which it belongs, model.
Long descriptions will not be uploaded if this is indicated in settings (in this case, those existing in osCommerce will be kept)
- If the product previously existed in osCommerce, all the data you had (product status, descriptions in other languages, addition date, other categories to which it belonged, product reviews and any other contribution data, etc.) are restored.
The data are only kept if the product is selected for the Internet in QINVOICING . For example, if you have product A in the shop and remove the Internet mark and therefore it is not selected when the transfer is done, then the product and all its data will be deleted from the shop. If you later check it again, then the product will be set up as a new product (if there was related data, then it will no longer be possible to retrieve them).
As a result, you should only remove the Internet mark in QINVOICING from products that no longer exist or from those that will not be sold in the osCommerce shop any longer . If you are not sure about this, then it is better to disable these from the osCommerce administration panel by checking the Product Status as Run Out . When a product that already existed in osCommerce is uploaded, the status it had in QINVOICING, which is that this field does not exist, is maintained.
The entire transfer process from the QINVOICING invoicing software to the osCommerce shop is done automatically by pressing the Update Shop button on the osCommerce transfer screen.
Depending on the photos and products to be uploaded, the process may take several minutes. If the process is cancelled halfway through the execution, when the transfer is run again, then the automatic copy recovery process will be automatically started and leave the database as before. See Problems during transfer.
The program generates an information log of all events that occur during the transfer. Check that everything is correct. You can save the log and print it to check it carefully for incidents.
PROBLEMS DURING TRANSFER:
Since the transfer process affects most of the shop files, it is extremely important to have regular backup copies of the osCommerce shop .
When doing the transfer process, the program establishes automatic restore points. If the transfer process is halted for some reason (connection problems, setting errors, etc.), when it is rerun, the program detects abnormal termination of the previous process and automatically restores the database , leaving it as it was before the abnormal process was started.
If the transfer process does not finish properly, you must proceed as follows:
• Check the update log to determine the cause of the problem. If the option contained a settings error, correct it.
• Re-run the process that automatically restores the database and retry the transfer
Match errors between taxes:
If the QINVOICING product has a tax class and no match to osCommerce has been defined in settings, then an error of the following type will appear:
*** ERROR **** Error: undefined tax class match: x
In this case, define the match or change the tax class for the product and then run the transfer again.
Importing data from osCommerce to QINVOICING
osCommerce integration settings