Output Selection Screen
This option lets you select the output type for the list you have created and set up its presentation:
- List: The data will first be previewed on the screen with the option to print. If you select this option, you will be able to set up the list in the next screen.
- dBase files: A dBase IV (*.dbf) file will be created with the selected fields and data and the name you choose. This file can be opened from other programs that allow this file type, such as MS Excel, or used to combine correspondence with MS Word.
- Open in MS Excel: If have MS Excel installed, then when the Generate button is pressed, the program will open MS Excel and load the list results. Change and save in .xls format.
- RTF files (for MS Word and other word processors): When checking this option, 4 template options and 2 radio buttons are displayed in the screen:
Template types . Depending on the template type chosen, the output will have one look or another (whenever the template type is changed, the template must be generated). The template editor allows you to change the look of all the types:
- List : All selected data are arranged in sequential order, depending on the factors selected on the previous pages.
- Record : A page break is inserted after each list component, such that each component occupies one page in MS Word or the text processor you have installed.
- Labels : This divides the page into columns and rows, arranging each element of the list in a cell. The label measurements can be changed using the Edit Template button.
- Letter : This allows you to create a standard letter and include the data selected first in the list, such as customers, suppliers, sales reps.
- Generate template . The template that will be used to run the list is created. Whenever the list is changed, a template will have to be generated since the changes to the template are then recorded. Likewise, whenever the template type is changed, it must be regenerated.
- Edit template: MS Word (or the text processor installed as default) will be automatically opened with the template. A list can be changed and set up by adding the company logo, colors, permanent texts, font types, etc. DO NOT delete the list data itself; this would omit fields in the definitive list. Once set up, this is saved without changing the template name or location . Before you generate the list, make sure the template is not open in MS Word, since this would give an error when you want to generate the list.
- Generate . The resulting list is automatically opened in MS Word with the format that was set up when editing the templates. Save as an RTF file or Word document in the folder and using the name you want.
List Description: This is the name that will identify the list format once it is saved.
This field is mandatory.